Gavvers

Default How do I get UK date format merging into word from Access?

Am using XP, Office 2003. Database in Access with UK date format entering ok
(dd/mm/yy). Mail merging into Word document always transfers date format to
US! (mm/dd/yy)! Have been altering dates manually for ages, but am getting
tired of it! Any suggestions will be greatly received. I think I have tried
everything!
Greg Maxey

Gavvers,

Try adding a date picture switch to the merge field

{MERGEFIELD "Your mergefield name" \@ "dd/MM/yy"}

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
A Peer in Peer to Peer Support

Gavvers wrote:
Am using XP, Office 2003. Database in Access with UK date format
entering ok (dd/mm/yy). Mail merging into Word document always
transfers date format to US! (mm/dd/yy)! Have been altering dates
manually for ages, but am getting tired of it! Any suggestions will
be greatly received. I think I have tried everything!

Greg

Gavvers,

Better yet, See the "Dates: day/month reversed" item under the
"Connection methods"
topic of the "Mail merge in Word 2002" section of fellow MVP Cindy
Meister's website at
http://homepage.swissonline.ch=AD/ci...r/MergFram.htm

Greg

Gavvers,

Better yet, See the "Dates: day/month reversed" item under the
"Connection methods"
topic of the "Mail merge in Word 2002" section of fellow MVP Cindy
Meister's website at
http://homepage.swissonline.ch=AD/ci...r/MergFram.htm

Format Excel data for merging in Word BW Mailmerge 1 January 21st 05 01:25 AM
Mailmerge in Word, date format in merged doc brownsox Mailmerge 2 January 14th 05 12:29 PM
macro in word js Microsoft Word Help 1 December 28th 04 03:01 AM
Date issue merging from Excel field in Date format to Word Barb Reinhardt Mailmerge 1 December 17th 04 07:34 AM
Mail Merge - Date Format Kilinski Microsoft Word Help 0 December 7th 04 01:13 PM