ADKREV ADKREV is offline
Junior Member

Default Unable to open Word attachment in email

When I receive an attached .docx in an email I must save it first to the desktop and then I can open with Word 2007, the default for that file extention.

When trying to open the attachment from the email message without saving it first, I get the the notice:

"This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Set Associations control panel".

Other than the "Control Panel / Default Programs / Associate a file type or protocol with a program" I cannot find a "Set Associations control panel".
ADKREV ADKREV is offline
Junior Member

Wink

Wow! I've never had a question that went unanswered in this forum. I'm honored. (Also unsolved in three other forums).