Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Diane101

Default drop down box failure in Word & Powerpoint for Insert

When trying to insert a file all the office programs default to My documents.
When I click on the drop down arrow to scroll to another area the program
will not respond and locks. Recent problem as has always worked in the past.
Is there a reason this would start to happen? Could I have a bad file
somewhere to cause this?
--
perplexed
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See "Problems in Windows Explorer or the Windows shell after you install
security update MS06-015"
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=918165

For the latest info, see http://blogs.technet.com/msrc/default.aspx

"Diane101" wrote in message
When trying to insert a file all the office programs default to My

documents.
When I click on the drop down arrow to scroll to another area the program
will not respond and locks. Recent problem as has always worked in the

past.
Is there a reason this would start to happen? Could I have a bad file
somewhere to cause this?
--
perplexed

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

See: You may experience problems in Windows Explorer or in the Windows shell
after you install security update MS06-015
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=918165

If you aren't comfortable with editing the Windows registry yourself, then
go to http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm and scroll down to Item
No. 383 "Hewlett-Packard's Share-to-Web software - Fix". Download and run
the script to automatically modify your registry as described in KB918165.
You may need to temporarily disable your antivirus program in order to run
the script.

A revised version of the MS06-015 update was released today that
supposedly interacts better with the older HP and nVidia
software. You can download the revised update from
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../ms06-015.mspx.

Some people may suggest that you uninstall the MS06-015 update, or rename
the c:\windows\system32\verclsid.exe file. Doing either of these things
will leave your computer vulnerable to the security issue described at
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../ms06-015.mspx. You should
only uninstall these if the revised patch causes the same problems and the
registry edit doesn't help.

For the latest info, see http://blogs.technet.com/msrc/default.aspx.

The text of this message was lifted verbatim from other posts, primarily
those of garfield-n-odie.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

WP merge file to Word sstires Tables 4 February 14th 06 06:26 PM
Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM