Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Julia Julia is offline

Default How do I group a caption and object (figures and tables)?

I would like to know if it is possible to group a caption and table, and a
caption and figure to prevent then breaking over pages. I do not want to
insert page breaks as my document is rather long and it will result in a lot
of playing aroud at the end.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Make sure "Text wrapping" for the table is set to "None" (on the Table
tab of Table | Table Properties). Add the caption above the table and
check the "Keep with next" option (Format | Paragraph, Line and Page
Breaks tab).

For an object (graphic, text box, etc.), use Format | object, click
the Layout tab, and choose the "In line with text" wrapping style. Add
the caption in its own paragraph, set the "Keep with next" option for
the relevant paragraph.

If you still want text to wrap around the object or table and its
caption, select them both and, on the Forms toolbar, click the Insert
Frame button. You can then use Format | Frame to set placement option
for the frame.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP