Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] kmv1109@gmail.com is offline

Default Document won't open by double clicking

We're using Word 2002 in our office. We recently set up a new user on
a PC here and she can't double click documents to open them with Word.
We can open Word and then File and open, but then her mouse doesn't
work with the document. She has to use her arrow keys to navigate. We
can open .pdf documents by double clicking. And another user on this
PC can double click to open docs with Word. I don't know if it's a
user issue, a Word issue or a document issue, but none of the .doc
extensions are working. Thinking it might be a template issue, I
searched for normal.dot and found nothing, but I really don't
understand the template thing very well so maybe that doesnt' mean
anything. Could it be a security setting? I'm stumped. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

What happens when she tries to double-click the file name?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

wrote in message
oups.com...
We're using Word 2002 in our office. We recently set up a new user on
a PC here and she can't double click documents to open them with Word.
We can open Word and then File and open, but then her mouse doesn't
work with the document. She has to use her arrow keys to navigate. We
can open .pdf documents by double clicking. And another user on this
PC can double click to open docs with Word. I don't know if it's a
user issue, a Word issue or a document issue, but none of the .doc
extensions are working. Thinking it might be a template issue, I
searched for normal.dot and found nothing, but I really don't
understand the template thing very well so maybe that doesnt' mean
anything. Could it be a security setting? I'm stumped. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
EveLisa EveLisa is offline

I've been having the same problem. Over the last couple of weeks I've had
this happen to 4 different users. We run Windows 2000 and have just gone
from Office 2000 to Office 2003, when this problem started occuring.

I've found that if we delete & recreate the user's profile the problem is
corrected (if you want to resort to this). I have 120 users and do not want
to resort to this every time the problem pops up.

I've already tried reregistering Word, but that does not work either.

JoAnn Paules [MVP] wrote:
What happens when she tries to double-click the file name?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

wrote in message
oups.com...
We're using Word 2002 in our office. We recently set up a new user on
a PC here and she can't double click documents to open them with Word.
We can open Word and then File and open, but then her mouse doesn't
work with the document. She has to use her arrow keys to navigate. We
can open .pdf documents by double clicking. And another user on this
PC can double click to open docs with Word. I don't know if it's a
user issue, a Word issue or a document issue, but none of the .doc
extensions are working. Thinking it might be a template issue, I
searched for normal.dot and found nothing, but I really don't
understand the template thing very well so maybe that doesnt' mean
anything. Could it be a security setting? I'm stumped. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] kmv1109@gmail.com is offline

I tried deleting the user on the server level and at the PC level and
then re-adding her. It doesn't seem to make any difference. Are there
any other suggestions?

wrote:
I'll give that a try. Thanks!

JoAnn Paules [MVP] wrote:
What happens when she tries to double-click the file name?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

oups.com...