chris ward

Default why are@ and # in wrong place

my@ is at 2in upper case My # is where the pound sign should be. There are
also other upper case characters in the wrong place and no pound sign at all.
JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

If # is where the pound sign should be, why is that a problem? # stands for
pound.

You aren't in the US are you? It sounds like you have a GB keyboard but are
using US drivers. (I think that's how I've heard it explained.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"chris ward" chris wrote in message
my@ is at 2in upper case My # is where the pound sign should be. There
are
also other upper case characters in the wrong place and no pound sign at
all.

Graham Mayor

For non-US users, if you install Windows with the default settings, you get
US layouts
You need to check the Windows regional settings (regional options and input
language) match your locale.