Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ms T Ms T is offline

Default How do I put a hyperlink in the Work 2007 Ribbon?

Hi,

In Word 2003 I am able to create new menus to add to the toolbar especially
in a template. The ace thing about Word 2003 is that you can also create
hyperlinks on the toolbar to open various documents.

Can the above be done in Word 2007? I've trolled the website for answers but
I haven't found anything useful - yet.

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hello Ms T

Ms T wrote:
In Word 2003 I am able to create new menus to add to the toolbar especially
in a template. The ace thing about Word 2003 is that you can also create
hyperlinks on the toolbar to open various documents.

Can the above be done in Word 2007? I've trolled the website for answers but
I haven't found anything useful - yet.

that's one of the (IMHO) biggest drawbacks of the new user interface:
you cannot do that sort of thing easily as a mere mortal user.

You can either learn (a lot of) Word's XML, or use an Add-In like
Patrick Schmid's RibbonCustomizer:
http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribbon...izer/index.php

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MSFT |
\ / | MVP | Scientific Reports

Customizing 2007 Ribbon Lisa New Users 1 February 5th 09 06:43 PM
Word 2007, no menu, no ribbon John Smith[_2_] Page Layout 3 January 22nd 09 03:11 AM
For 2007 Users having to do with the ribbon JERRY[_2_] New Users 2 October 18th 07 02:31 AM
Word 2007 Ribbon eob Microsoft Word Help 3 September 7th 07 12:44 AM
New ribbon in Word 2007 Frédéric Laurent Microsoft Word Help 4 May 29th 06 07:59 PM