Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
William Howard William Howard is offline

Default US date format in word 7.0 mail merge

I've had exactly the same problem as Michelle. I don't know if she or her sister found the solution, but I'd like it too. I also checked my Regional settings and everything looked fine in the Works database file and then 10 Jan 2009 came out as 1-10-2009 which in Britain means October 1st!

http://www.eggheadcafe.com/default.aspx?ref=ng
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi William,

To get the date format you want, you can add a formatting picture switch. In Word:
.. select the mergefield;
.. press Shift-F9 to expose the field coding. It should look something like {MERGEFIELD MyDate} where 'MyDate' is your mergefield's
name;
.. delete anything appearing after the mergefield's name and add '\@ "d MMMM yyyy"' to the field, as in {MERGEFIELD MyDate \@ "d MMMM
yyyy"}. With this switch your date will come out as '2 August 2008'. Other possible date formatting switches include:
. \@ "dddd, d MMMM yyyy";
. \@ "ddd, d MMMM yyyy";
. \@ "d MMM yyyy";
. \@ "dd/MMM/yyyy";
. \@ "d-MM-yy";
Note: you must use uppercase 'M's for months.
.. position the cursor anywhere in this field and press F9 to update it;
.. run your mailmerge.

--
Cheers
macropod

"William Howard" wrote in message ...
I've had exactly the same problem as Michelle. I don't know if she or her sister found the solution, but I'd like it too. I also
checked my Regional settings and everything looked fine in the Works database file and then 10 Jan 2009 came out as 1-10-2009
which in Britain means October 1st!

http://www.eggheadcafe.com/default.aspx?ref=ng

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

See the "Dates: day/month reversed" item under the "Connection methods"
topic of the "Mail merge in Word 2002/2003" section of fellow MVP Cindy
Meister's website at:

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...r/MergFram.htm

--
Hope this helps.