Maria

Default How do I set up ad copy limited to 1/4 page in MS Word?

The magazine where I want to advertise limits my advertisement to 1/4 page
such that my ad is to be 2.125 inches tall by about 9 inches wide. Is there
a way to limit myself to those dimensions while I am composing the ad so I
know exactly the amount of space I have to "play" with?
Doug Robbins

Insert a one cell table into the document and fix the cell dimensions to
those values.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Maria" wrote in message
The magazine where I want to advertise limits my advertisement to 1/4 page
such that my ad is to be 2.125 inches tall by about 9 inches wide. Is
there
a way to limit myself to those dimensions while I am composing the ad so I
know exactly the amount of space I have to "play" with?

Instead of limiting yourself to the formatting (and keyboard operations)
available in a table, much less a text box or frame, why not just set the
page margins such that the space between the margins is 2.125" x 9"?
Obviously, this will require a landscape page orientation. On Letter-sized
paper (11" x 8.5"), the required margins would be 1" Left and Right, 3" Top,
and 3.38" Bottom.