Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
HA14 HA14 is offline

Default Keep 1000 separator in letter merged numbers from excel

How do I keep or get formating of numbers with 1000 separator when
letter merging from excel? In excel the numbers were formatted with
1000 separator but when merging to word it shows as text with no 1000
separator.

Hope someone can help me.

Thanks

HA14

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
HA14 HA14 is offline

Okey thanks but can you be a bit more specific, how do I switch this
on? It is not obvious to me how I should search via the link.

Thanks
HA14

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Right click the merge field and toggle the display from fieldname to
{Mergefield Fieldname}
Add the switch after the fieldname, between the brackets e.g.

{Mergefield Fieldname \# ",0.00"}
or
{Mergefield Fieldname \# "$,0.00"}

Press F9 to update the field and toggle it back again.