John O via OfficeKB.com

Default Mail Merge Issues from Access to Word

We are having problems mail merging data from access 2003 ro word 2003. The
problem is that all of the merged data is fine except for those fields that
are a hyperlink (Email) and (Websites). We need to be able to have all our
members that get the mail merge document be able to click on any portion of
the page that has a webpage or email address. This is a major problem that
we were told works in office professional 2003 and it seems to be no
different that office professional 2000. Is there anyone that can explain
why we are not able to merge data that is a hyperlink??

Help is greatly appreciated
Graham Mayor

See the Excel data section of
http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm (Access and Excel
have the same issues) in respect of alternative data connection methods.

John O via OfficeKB.com wrote:
We are having problems mail merging data from access 2003 ro word
2003. The problem is that all of the merged data is fine except for
those fields that are a hyperlink (Email) and (Websites). We need to
be able to have all our members that get the mail merge document be
able to click on any portion of the page that has a webpage or email
address. This is a major problem that we were told works in office
professional 2003 and it seems to be no different that office
professional 2000. Is there anyone that can explain why we are not
able to merge data that is a hyperlink??

Help is greatly appreciated

John O via OfficeKB.com

I appreciate the help on this, however that primarily was for labels. Our
database contains some fields that are hyperlinks. These hyperlinks are not
merging into the word document. If you know the reason for this please let
us know, Again thanks

Graham Mayor wrote:
See the Excel data section of
http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm (Access and Excel
have the same issues) in respect of alternative data connection methods.

We are having problems mail merging data from access 2003 ro word
2003. The problem is that all of the merged data is fine except for

[quoted text clipped - 7 lines]

Help is greatly appreciated

John O via OfficeKB.com

Actually I have in detail, again this is pertaining to options that have been
tried and again do not allow hyperlinks to be merged in multiple letters.
Also Microsoft has stated this as well so there is no way at this time for
Word to be able to accept any hyperlink from a database, it comes across as
text!!!

Graham Mayor wrote:
You obviously haven't read the part of the page to which I referred you.

I appreciate the help on this, however that primarily was for labels.
Our database contains some fields that are hyperlinks. These

[quoted text clipped - 11 lines]

Help is greatly appreciated

Graham Mayor

I beg your pardon. I misread your original question to imply that it worked
in 2000 but not in 2003, which should have been corrected by the alternative
connection method I was referring to. However you are correct in your
assertions. What may be possible if you are using plain hyperlinked e-mail
and web site links is to merge to a new document then run autoformat on that
document with the convert to hyperlink option set.