linda

Default AutoText

Is there a limit to the autotext database? I am loosing Autotext that I
put in routinely. Where is it going, why does this happen and what is the
fix?

lsl

linda

ADOBE is loaded on my system, 6.1, but I could not find the hkey file etc.
In other words, Adobe is messing up how Word saves the autotext?? Is this
corrected in XP or is this still a problem? I have read the article and
understand it, but we need a fix that doesn't need alot of work as the other
people using it are not PC lit!.

"linda" wrote in message
Is there a limit to the autotext database? I am loosing Autotext that I
put in routinely. Where is it going, why does this happen and what is

the
fix?

lsl

Graham Mayor

It is only Acrobat 7 that prevents Word from saving normal.dot changes.
Acrobat 6 uses a different type of add-in and does not have this issue. The
only thing I can think of is that the user(s) may have experienced a Word
crash followed by a request to save changes to normal.dot which has replaced
the modified template with a default one.

See http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm followed by
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm (even if the url
title seems to suggest a different issue) and work through the troublke
shooting tips there.

Do not even think of sharing normal.dot on a network!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

No theoretical limit. Do you have Acrobat 7? If so, see the last
section of http://www.gmayor.com/lose_that_adob...at_toolbar.htm

newsgroup so all may benefit.

"linda" wrote in message
Is there a limit to the autotext database? I am loosing Autotext
that I put in routinely. Where is it going, why does this happen
and what is the fix?

lsl

No, a previous version of Acrobat would not cause this problem. Acrobat 7
prevents Normal.dot from being saved; by default, AutoText entries are
stored in Normal.dot, so this would prevent new AutoText entries from being
saved. But if you don't have Acrobat 7, then the problem lies elsewhere.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

No theoretical limit. Do you have Acrobat 7? If so, see the last section

of
http://www.gmayor.com/lose_that_adob...at_toolbar.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"linda" wrote in message
Is there a limit to the autotext database? I am loosing Autotext

that I
put in routinely. Where is it going, why does this happen and what

is
the
fix?

lsl

linda

What is bizarre is that it will work fine and then all of a sudden, text that
was put in 6 years ago is still there, but things recently put in are gone.
It is frustrating because it is hard to know when it happened and how much
was lost, as well as, what changes that were made are not longer there!! It
seems to have a mind of its own! My word has not crashed in a long time,
which is what makes it harder to define.

Thansk

"linda" wrote in message
Is there a limit to the autotext database? I am loosing Autotext

that I
put in routinely. Where is it going, why does this happen and what

is
the
fix?

lsl

How do I save my AutoText file to transfer it to another PC? kd1s Microsoft Word Help 3 September 21st 05 07:39 AM
Autocomplete for autotext not working? Dawn Rhoads Microsoft Word Help 1 April 14th 05 01:04 AM
Using form text fields included in an IF Statement with autotext Steve Microsoft Word Help 7 April 8th 05 08:17 AM
simple word question rvance New Users 8 February 1st 05 02:16 AM
Autotext and overtype key KM1 Microsoft Word Help 3 January 31st 05 05:40 AM