Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
deb deb is offline

Default datasource field selection change causing invalid data displayed

Hopefully someone will have some insight for me. Merge documents are stored
in a database; a sql statement is run to produce a temporary csv file to
merge with the document; the document is sent back to user.

Recently, the column order of the datasource has changed. All of the
original columns in the datasource from initial merge document creation are
retained, just the order in which the data is returned has changed. This has
broken all of our dynamic merge documents. It appears that the data that is
merged is by column index rather than column name - causing invalid data to
appear. Is there any way to remedy this problem without manually saving
every single merge document stored in the database? Am I missing something
obvious?

Thanks in advance.