Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Luc Luc is offline

Default TOC in depth trainning

Hi All

I look for a in depth trainning or tutorial for the TOC.

I have specific demand regarding modifying one line of the TOC ...OR...
modifying only the TOC 2...or... place a page break at a specific place/line
in the TOC etc....

Thanks for any reference.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
DeanH DeanH is offline

Have a look here
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/toc/CreateATOC.html
about 2/3 down and the TOC Training Courses

As you have probably found out, if you modify the TOC manually, it
disappears when you refresh. About the "page break" within the TOC, this will
not work when refreshed; have you tried applying Keep with Next to the
particular TOC style, this will in essence do what you are after.

Any other particular problems?
Hope this helps
DeanH

"Luc" wrote:

Hi All

I look for a in depth trainning or tutorial for the TOC.

I have specific demand regarding modifying one line of the TOC ...OR...
modifying only the TOC 2...or... place a page break at a specific place/line
in the TOC etc....

Thanks for any reference.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Luc Luc is offline

Thanks'

I will look at the link an i will gothru the option of TOC to find the "Keep
next" i had to get myself a litlle bit more familiar with this new 2007
layout.

I wonder on what MS has base it's decision to bult this interface, i saw the
potential but sometime i found it is not mature.... Can't place the finger on
something particular but i have to scroll around to find the tab i need to
make my modification

Thanks' again..

"Luc" wrote:

Hi All

I look for a in depth trainning or tutorial for the TOC.

I have specific demand regarding modifying one line of the TOC ...OR...
modifying only the TOC 2...or... place a page break at a specific place/line
in the TOC etc....

Thanks for any reference.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
DeanH DeanH is offline

I am still 2003 (and very happy with it) and have seen many postings here
concerning 2007 and its new interface. Many people though are getting used to
it, abeit after many a curse word ;-)
Best of luck
DeanH

"Luc" wrote:

Hi All

I look for a in depth trainning or tutorial for the TOC.

I have specific demand regarding modifying one line of the TOC ...OR...
modifying only the TOC 2...or... place a page break at a specific place/line
in the TOC etc....

Thanks for any reference.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Luc Luc is offline

Thanks' for the site

I search a little around. but their is no explicit mention on how we can
insert pahe break at anypoint in a TOC.

Ot i didn't undertsand well how this work in 2007

"Luc" wrote in message
Hi All

I look for a in depth trainning or tutorial for the TOC.

I have specific demand regarding modifying one line of the TOC ...OR...
modifying only the TOC 2...or... place a page break at a specific
place/line
in the TOC etc....

Thanks for any reference.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

There isn't really any way to guarantee that Word will insert a page break
where you want it unless you unlink the TOC and insert the break manually.
But you can guide Word to some extent by formatting TOC 1 (and TOC 2 if
necessary) as "Keep with next." Just make sure you have some TOC level that
*isn't* formatted as KWN so that there will be someplace the TOC can break.