BarneyBeagle

Default Can I print a return address on the back of an envelope?

Hi, anyone know if its possible to print the return address on the back of an
envelope, in a more formal manner (i.e. Wedding Invitation).
I can only seem to find the option to print on the front side of the
envelope, thanks much for any help!!!

It will depend a lot on your printer. You are most likely to have success if
you can feed the envelope into the printer bottom first with the flap open.
Open the flap of the envelope and draw around it onto a standard sheet of
paper (aligned center, left, or right according to how you will need to feed
the envelope into the printer). Then measure to where you would need to put
the address and adjust your margins on a standard page to put the address
there. Test this on a sheet of paper until you get it right, then test on an
envelope cutout before trying it with a real envelope. Even then, you may
get less than perfect results because of the varying paper thicknesses.

If you have to feed the envelope lengthwise, you may be able to use the same
technique with a landscape layout, but this is likely to be successful only
if the envelope feeds from the left (face up) or right (face down).

As you can see, there's a lot of trial and error involved. Generally
speaking, though, I would expect better printing results (especially from a
laser printer) with the flap open rather than closed.