Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
No Name

Default bringing pdf into Word 2002

I have a chart in pdf format that I wish to bring into Word 2002. I suppose
I could print it out, scan it, and then bring the image into Word, but does
Word have its own utility to import a pdf directly into Word?

Thanks.

Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Unfortunately not without some third party utility. These scan the image on
screen which cuts out a step or two and usually give better results. If you
search Google, you'll find loads of them, many just a few bucks. I also
believe that Adobe has an on line service to convert a PDF to Document: you
send them the PDF and they will convert it to Word. But only if there are no
copyright issues.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

wrote in message
I have a chart in pdf format that I wish to bring into Word 2002. I
suppose
I could print it out, scan it, and then bring the image into Word, but
does Word have its own utility to import a pdf directly into Word?

Thanks.

Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

I should have added that before now, I have used a good digital camera to
photograph a graphic and used that in Word.

Terry

wrote in message
I have a chart in pdf format that I wish to bring into Word 2002. I
suppose
I could print it out, scan it, and then bring the image into Word, but
does Word have its own utility to import a pdf directly into Word?

Thanks.

Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Adobe Reader allows you to capture images or take a "snapshot" of a selected
area. Either method copies information to the Clipboard, whence it can be
pasted into Word.

http://word.mvps.org