Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Updating a field

I'm glad you got it sorted!

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"gordo" wrote in message
Well, that did not work but it got me to thinking. The FLock was turned
off on my computer. Duhhh! Now everything works!

Thanks,

Gordon

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
First, make sure that the field hasn't been unlinked. If you select the
result and press Shift+F9 (acts as a toggle), do you see the field code?
If you don't, reinsert the field.

Alternatively, the field could be locked. Select it and press
Ctrl+Shift+F11 (which runs the UnlockFields command).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"gordo" wrote in message
Using Office 2007 with Windows 7. All current updates.

Suddenly, in the last few days, F9 does not update a field. I often put
the full file path field in a footnote. Then press F9 to update the
field after I have saved the document. Been doing this for many years.

Any ideas on how to fix this problem?

Thanks,

Gordo