Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Wayne Wayne is offline

Default Compile error in hidden module auto-exec.

I have Word 2003. When I start it, I get the message

Microsoft Visual Basic
Compile error in hidden module auto-exec.

Then I am allowed to use Word, but it is a pain to always dismiss this
warning.

As far as I know I do not have Visual Basic.

XP home, up to date.
--
Wayne

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You do not have 'Visual Basic' but you do have 'Visual Basic for
Applications' which is an integral part of Office and which allows you to
run macros and third party add-ins. It will undoubtedly be the latter which
is responsible for the problem - an add-in that is defective or incompatible
with your version of Word. The solution is found in the link posted by
Suzanne.