Huskydutchboy

Default copy text entered in a form to other location on a form

Hi there, Is there anyone who can tell me how i can get text that is entered
into a textbox on a word form to be filled into other textboxes elsewhere in
the same form. I believe it will require some VB coding to be entered but it
would be helpful if someone can tell me how to do this step by step. As i
have never used VB before
thanks

Doug Robbins

No VB required. In the other locations, insert a cross reference to the
text of the bookmark into which the data will be entered and set the
"Calculate on exit" property for that formfield so that the cross reference
fields are updated with the data entered into the field on exit from that
field.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Huskydutchboy" wrote in message
Hi there, Is there anyone who can tell me how i can get text that is
entered
into a textbox on a word form to be filled into other textboxes elsewhere
in
the same form. I believe it will require some VB coding to be entered but
it
would be helpful if someone can tell me how to do this step by step. As i
have never used VB before
thanks

Huskydutchboy

hi Doug
thanks for the quick response. Just another question. Is there any way to
get the crossreference field shaded the same as the original textbox?
henk

"Doug Robbins" wrote:

[...]

Charles Kenyon

From the FAQ

19. How can I enter something once in a document and have it repeat
elsewhere?
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm

--
Charles Kenyon