Chuck Kretzmann

Default ToC entries

I generated a TOC based on Headers in my document with hyperlinks. The TOC
looks OK and the link from the TOC entry to the Header works, but the return
path fails. If I manually attempt to edit the hyperlink if find that there
are no ToC_xx entries to link to for the various TOC entries.

How do I get these entries to show up in the 'edit hyperlinks' within the
document window? How could I make this work automatically to go back and
forth from TOC to Header?
Stefan Blom

Although you can probably edit the hyperlinks of a table of contents,
I don't see the point in doing so, since any changes will be lost when
you update the TOC.

What you can do is manually create hyperlinks back to the heading
above the TOC, which might be time-consuming in a long document.

You may find it a lot easier to use CTRL+HOME on your keyboard to
return to the beginning of a document.

--
Stefan Blom

"Chuck Kretzmann" Chuck wrote in
message ...
I generated a TOC based on Headers in my document with hyperlinks.

The TOC
looks OK and the link from the TOC entry to the Header works, but

the return
path fails. If I manually attempt to edit the hyperlink if find

that there
are no ToC_xx entries to link to for the various TOC entries.

How do I get these entries to show up in the 'edit hyperlinks'

within the
document window? How could I make this work automatically to go

back and
forth from TOC to Header?

Stefan Blom

That is a good idea.

--
Stefan Blom

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Or, if you have Word 2002 or above, you can add a Go to TOC button

to your
toolbar.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.