Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ums Ums is offline

Default Footnotes Messed up

I am given an electronic copy of a text which I need to edit. The issue is
that all the footnotes are for some reason converted into superscripts. So
they do not update automatically now. How do I get them back into footnotes.

I need help desperately with this. Please help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It would be almost impossible to tell without seeing the actual document.
If you de-spam my email address and send it to me, I will take a look and
see if there is any hope for you.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Ums" wrote in message
I am given an electronic copy of a text which I need to edit. The issue is
that all the footnotes are for some reason converted into superscripts. So
they do not update automatically now. How do I get them back into
footnotes.

I need help desperately with this. Please help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

By default, footnote reference marks are superscript. Are you saying that
the Footnote Text style has become superscript as well, or the entire
footnote has taken on the Footnote Reference style, or what? Or that the
footnote reference marks are no longer linked?