Whistlepig

Default Text hidden

When I open a new Word doc and begin typing, no text apeears. The cursor
moves and the text is there it just seems to be hidden. If I use undo feature
it will show the text that was entered to undo. I searched formatting, fonts,
page layout and show/hide as options and nothing that I can see to change
this. Obviousy the keyboard is functional.

Any input please??? It was working correctly, have no idea how it got
changed? There must be a setting that I'm missing to correct this.

I assume you've ascertained that the text is not Hidden. But perhaps it's
formatted as Color: White? You might see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm for suggestions on
getting back to the Word default.

"Whistlepig" Whistlepig @discussions.microsoft.com wrote in message
When I open a new Word doc and begin typing, no text apeears. The cursor
moves and the text is there it just seems to be hidden. If I use undo

feature
it will show the text that was entered to undo. I searched formatting,

fonts,
page layout and show/hide as options and nothing that I can see to change
this. Obviousy the keyboard is functional.

Any input please??? It was working correctly, have no idea how it got
changed? There must be a setting that I'm missing to correct this.

Whistlepig

Jumped the gun a little...i thought that color was the issue at first.
Changed to other color and text appeared ...assumed it was color issue.
Closed Word, re-opened but text still will not show until I go to font color
and selct Automatic. Then text appears. How can I change back to default?
"Whistlepig" wrote:

Color was it! Thanks Suzanne!!!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I assume you've ascertained that the text is not Hidden. But perhaps it's
formatted as Color: White? You might see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm for suggestions on
getting back to the Word default.

"Whistlepig" Whistlepig @discussions.microsoft.com wrote in message
When I open a new Word doc and begin typing, no text apeears. The cursor
moves and the text is there it just seems to be hidden. If I use undo

feature
it will show the text that was entered to undo. I searched formatting,

fonts,
page layout and show/hide as options and nothing that I can see to change
this. Obviousy the keyboard is functional.

Any input please??? It was working correctly, have no idea how it got
changed? There must be a setting that I'm missing to correct this.

When you have a problem with all new documents, then you need to make the
change in Normal.dot. Fortunately, for font settings, this is quite easy.
Change the color to Automatic and then click the Default... button and
answer yes. For more, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...alTemplate.htm

"Whistlepig" wrote in message

Jumped the gun a little...i thought that color was the issue at first.
Changed to other color and text appeared ...assumed it was color issue.
Closed Word, re-opened but text still will not show until I go to font

color
and selct Automatic. Then text appears. How can I change back to default?
"Whistlepig" wrote:

Color was it! Thanks Suzanne!!!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I assume you've ascertained that the text is not Hidden. But perhaps

it's
formatted as Color: White? You might see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm for

suggestions on
getting back to the Word default.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Whistlepig" Whistlepig @discussions.microsoft.com wrote in message
When I open a new Word doc and begin typing, no text apeears. The

cursor
moves and the text is there it just seems to be hidden. If I use

undo
feature
it will show the text that was entered to undo. I searched

formatting,
fonts,
page layout and show/hide as options and nothing that I can see to

change
this. Obviousy the keyboard is functional.

Any input please??? It was working correctly, have no idea how it

got
changed? There must be a setting that I'm missing to correct this.

copied text inserts as hidden in Word (any version) Martin Microsoft Word Help 4 April 21st 05 04:57 AM
Hidden Text - Proper Solution, or Not? Mike@ACM Page Layout 1 March 31st 05 11:05 PM
Hidden Text causes extra white space & extra pages Lyndon S. Microsoft Word Help 1 January 19th 05 05:49 PM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 02:49 PM
Word opens with hidden text visible Alan4297 Microsoft Word Help 3 December 23rd 04 04:09 PM