B. Levien

Default Word 2002 - Page Range will not print

I have a user in the office who has created a 78 page document, with section
breaks every 1 or 2 pages. She attempted to print a page range (55-61) and
it will not print (although she can print "current" page and "section"). She
inserted page "numbers" or references as "A", "B", "C", "D", and so on.

I would like to confirm that the page range will not print as it does not
know what to print, as she is referencing letters instead of numbers. When I
went into the document and changed the fields to numbers, it would print the
page range. I assume that the computer, when asked to print a page range, is
looking for numerical fields, not alphabetical. Since it cannot find
numerical fields, it prints nothing.

I have never run into this issue before (and I have never seen anyone using
A, B, C, D to "number" pages before).

If someone could either confirm this, or set me straight, I would appreciate
it.