Shawn

Default how to copy all comments in one word document, paste into another.

Question
How does one copy all the comments in one word document to paste into
another word document. When I select all the comments in a document the copy
function is no longer available.
Thanks for your help.
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: how to copy all comments in one word document, paste into another.

Copying and Pasting Comments in Word

To copy all comments in one Word document and paste them into another Word document, you can follow these steps:
  1. Open the Word document that contains the comments you want to copy.
  2. Click on the Review tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on the arrow next to "Comments" in the Comments section of the ribbon.
  4. Click on "Show Comments" to display all comments in the document.
  5. Press Ctrl+A on your keyboard to select all comments in the document.
  6. Right-click on any of the selected comments and choose "Copy" from the context menu.
  7. Open the Word document where you want to paste the comments.
  8. Click on the location in the document where you want to paste the comments.
  9. Right-click and choose "Paste" from the context menu.

That should do it! Let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I can help you with.
__________________
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?U2hhd24=?=,

How does one copy all the comments in one word document to paste into
another word document. When I select all the comments in a document the copy
function is no longer available.

Word provides no functionality for this. You could use the "Print what"
selection in File/Print to print "Markup", and choose to print to a file, using
a Generic Text Printer as the printer. If your document doesn't contain any
markup but comments, that will put the comments in a plain text file that you
can insert into another Word document.

Your only other recourse would be a macro.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)