Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gvm gvm is offline

Default deleting automatically created borderlines

When I add text to a document created by somebody else, Word is automatically
inserting what looks like a border line before and after certain paragraphs.
I can't see where to turn off the creation of these lines, eg, it doesn't
seem to be a paragraph formatting parameter. What is going on here? How do I
stop it please?
TIA ... Greg
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Could be a border; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...tRidOfLine.htm. If Word is
creating them automatically when you press Enter, then make sure that the
style you're using doesn't include a border.

"gvm" wrote in message
When I add text to a document created by somebody else, Word is
automatically
inserting what looks like a border line before and after certain
paragraphs.
I can't see where to turn off the creation of these lines, eg, it doesn't
seem to be a paragraph formatting parameter. What is going on here? How do
stop it please?
TIA ... Greg

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
arnak001 arnak001 is offline

It could be trackchanges function. Check that trackchanges is turned off/ or
what function has been specified in trackchanges for inserted text. (Options
menu).

"gvm" wrote:

When I add text to a document created by somebody else, Word is automatically
inserting what looks like a border line before and after certain paragraphs.
I can't see where to turn off the creation of these lines, eg, it doesn't
seem to be a paragraph formatting parameter. What is going on here? How do I
stop it please?
TIA ... Greg

Deleting automatically halfan Microsoft Word Help 1 August 6th 08 09:45 PM
Normal.dotm created automatically NRCfrog Microsoft Word Help 1 July 1st 08 04:24 AM
Stop Styles being created automatically itierno Microsoft Word Help 2 October 6th 06 03:02 PM
borderlines dick Microsoft Word Help 1 March 16th 06 04:45 PM
Deleting temp files created by Word Gladys Rodriguez Microsoft Word Help 2 March 11th 05 07:42 PM