Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dee-ann dee-ann is offline

Default Problem creating cross-reference links in TOC

I am using Office 2007. I have been editing a contract that was created by
other multiple people that contains TOC with some cross-references already
inserted. I am trying to add cross-references to items that don't have them.
However, when I go to the links tab and choose cross-reference and it brings
up the text of the contract, some of the text is missing, so I can't create a
cross-reference to text that isn't there. Anyone know what's going on?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'm not sure what you're attempting to do. TOC entries in Word are
automatically hyperlinked to the corresponding headings. See
http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/toc/CreateATOC.html