Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] rumsiki@gmail.com is offline

Default TOC with section name not number

I need to create a table of contents that shows the section heading
and page number and does not show the section number. Is this
possible? I am using Word 2003.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You can base the TOC on TC fields. To add such fields, you can use the Mark
Index Entry dialog box (Ctrl+Shift+O).

See also http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/TOCTips.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

wrote in message
I need to create a table of contents that shows the section heading
and page number and does not show the section number. Is this
possible? I am using Word 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Of course, the dialog box I was referring to is called Mark Table of
Contents Entry.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

wrote in message
I need to create a table of contents that shows the section heading
and page number and does not show the section number. Is this
possible? I am using Word 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

wrote in message
I need to create a table ofcontentsthat shows the section heading
and page number and does not show the section number. *Is this
possible? *I am using Word 2003.

Thank you Stefan. Exactly what I was after.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

I'm glad could help.

--