Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Janis Janis is offline

Default Is there Auto Text in Word 2007 ?

I need that option, when you start to type something and the whole phrase
appears.

I searched MO 2007, there are that mystic, useless blocks, but I want the
same simplicity like in MO 2003? How I can do it?

Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

AutoComplete for AutoText (which is what you are probably remembering) was
removed from Word 2007. AutoText entries still exist, and you can type the
first few letters (as few as one if there are no other entries beginning
with that letter) and press F3 to insert. Alternatively, for completely
automatic insertion, you can create AutoCorrect entries.

http://word.mvps.org

"Janis" wrote in message
I need that option, when you start to type something and the whole phrase
appears.

I searched MO 2007, there are that mystic, useless blocks, but I want the
same simplicity like in MO 2003? How I can do it?

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Janis Janis is offline

OK, Then I will uninstall Office 2007!

Interesting what fool decided, that we, people, do not need AutoComplete?

"Janis" wrote in message
I need that option, when you start to type something and the whole phrase
appears.

I searched MO 2007, there are that mystic, useless blocks, but I want the
same simplicity like in MO 2003? How I can do it?

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

As Suzanne explained, you can use F3 to insert AutoText manually, after
typing enough letters of the AutoText name so that Word can uniquely
identify it. If you want the insertion to be fully automated, you can create
*formatted* AutoCorrect entries, which can store not only formatted text but
also tables, text boxes, graphics, etc. In other words, you still have
access to basically the same functionality in Word 2007.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Janis" wrote in message
I need that option, when you start to type something and the whole
phrase
appears.

I searched MO 2007, there are that mystic, useless blocks, but I want
the
same simplicity like in MO 2003? How I can do it?

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Janis Janis is offline

Yes, I can use it.
But how much time I will spend to do it, if we compare with the speed and
simplicity of MO 2003?!

MS 2007 is only disappointment!

"Janis" wrote in message
I need that option, when you start to type something and the whole
phrase
appears.

I searched MO 2007, there are that mystic, useless blocks, but I want
the
same simplicity like in MO 2003? How I can do it?

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Probably the same amount of time it took you to set up all those
AutoText entries in Word2003.

Unless you can move your AutoText database from Word2003 to Word2007.

"Janis" wrote in message
I need that option, when you start to type something and the whole
phrase
appears.

I searched MO 2007, there are that mystic, useless blocks, but I want
the
same simplicity like in MO 2003? How I can do it?

Thank you.-

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Which you can; if you do an upgrade install, the entries are already
present, but you can easily move them in any case.

http://word.mvps.org