Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ms.Documentation Ms.Documentation is offline

Default i cant get my cross reference to auto update

I am using Word 2007 and I can not get my cross reference to automatically
update. I came referncing a section in the document.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

REF fields don't update automatically. They'll update when you print or
Print Preview (provided you have "Update fields" enabled in the Print
Options), or when you select them and F9.

"Ms.Documentation" wrote in
message ...
I am using Word 2007 and I can not get my cross reference to automatically
update. I came referncing a section in the document.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

They will however update automatically, if they are in the body of the
document, they reference a protected form field and the form field
'calculate on exit' check box property is checked.