Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DrB323 DrB323 is offline

Default Main High Level Menu

Hi folks!

I have MS '02 installed on my laptop. When you go into any of the
applications (Word, Excel, Front Page, Access, etc) you should typically see
at the very top of the menu bar:

FILE EDIT VIEW INSERT FORMAT TOOLS etc, etc, etc.

However - - - the FILE command is NOT showing up when I open up Word. It
does appear for all of the other appications. Any thoughts?!?!!

The first command in Word is EDIT, followed by VIEW, INSERT, etc, etc, etc.

The only option I have at this point is "customizing" the menu bar by
dragging each of the submenu items for FILE onto the bar - which I don't
really like. I have reinstalled MS Office 2002, but still same results.

Thanks!

--
Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

First try Method 2 of
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...oreMenuCmd.htm. If that
doesn't work, try Method 3. If still no joy, try
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/MissingMenusEtc.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

DrB323 wrote:
Hi folks!

I have MS '02 installed on my laptop. When you go into any of the
applications (Word, Excel, Front Page, Access, etc) you should
typically see at the very top of the menu bar:

FILE EDIT VIEW INSERT FORMAT TOOLS etc, etc,
etc.

However - - - the FILE command is NOT showing up when I open up Word.
It does appear for all of the other appications. Any thoughts?!?!!

The first command in Word is EDIT, followed by VIEW, INSERT, etc,
etc, etc.

The only option I have at this point is "customizing" the menu bar by
dragging each of the submenu items for FILE onto the bar - which I
don't really like. I have reinstalled MS Office 2002, but still same
results.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DrB323 DrB323 is offline

Jay.....Method 2 worked!! Thanks so much. I went back and double checked
the registry and DATA is back in there. Ya da MAN!!!

Thanks....

--
Mike