Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
vehenterprises vehenterprises is offline

Default How to create hyperlink in word to open a new browser windo?

Is it possible to create a hyperlink in a Word doc that opens a new browser
window? That is, I would like to add target="_blank" to the anchor tag
created.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 17:30:01 -0700, vehenterprises
wrote:

Is it possible to create a hyperlink in a Word doc that opens a new browser
window? That is, I would like to add target="_blank" to the anchor tag
created.

Include an \n switch in the Hyperlink field's code. Look in the Word
help for the topic "Hyperlink field".

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
vehenterprises vehenterprises is offline

Thanks Jay for your prompt response. However this did not solve my issue.
What I'm trying to do is this: I have a Word doc that contains a hyperlink.
The doc is converted to Macromedia Flashpaper (i.e., .swf file) and loaded
into a web page. When the link is clicked, the target site opens in the
existing browser window. I would like the target site to open in a new
browser window and have the original site still open.

wrote:

Is it possible to create a hyperlink in a Word doc that opens a new browser
window? That is, I would like to add target="_blank" to the anchor tag
created.

Include an \n switch in the Hyperlink field's code. Look in the Word
help for the topic "Hyperlink field".

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

If you had included these additional details in your original post, I
wouldn't have answered, as I don't know anything about Flash
authoring.

I will guess that the conversion from Word document to Flash format
doesn't honor the \n switch. That's the converter's problem, not
Word's. Does Flashpaper offer any editing tools that would let you add
the target attribute to the resulting href tag?

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so all may benefit.