Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Joe T Joe T is offline

Default How to save a Field after moving it in WordMail?

I am able to move a Field closer to the first Field in a Mail Merge file, so
I can see the selection of my records, however I am not able to save it
permantly, I have to move it each time I open the file and want to deselect
and select some records.
I am using MS Office 2007 Word and Access. My Data Source file (in
Access)contains that Field in question as the first Field.

Thank you.
--
Joe T
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Someone posted a solution for this a while back, but AFAICS it only
worked for Word 2003 and earlier - if you want to verify that for
yourself on Word 2007 the original conversation is at

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/mic...quenc e&pli=1

In essence, word uses set of predefined address field names to sequence
the columns. If the above-referenced solution does not work, as far as I
know you have little option but to do one or both of
a. sequence the fields how you want in your data source
b. name the fields so that they do not clash with any of the
predefined names, and have a clear "ASCII" sequence, e.g.

f01_firstfield
f02_secondfield

etc.

In the case of an Access query or table, if you are in a position to
modify existing predefined queries or create new ones you might be able
to do that.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk
Visit Londinium at http://www.ralphwatson.tv