Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
JDR JDR is offline

Default Address List

Is there a way to create an address book list from contacts using MailMerge
that will create variable height results. I know I can pick a label size
but all the addresses will be the same height whether all the lines exist or
not.

One page might have 10 names and addresses where another might have 15.

I.e. The two examples should be different heights and take more or less
space on a page based on the number of rows available.

John Doe
123 1st Ave
New York, NY 99999

Jane Doe
ABC 2nd Street
Memphis, TN 12123
901-555-1212
512-230-1234

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Create a catalog/directory merge document. Put the fields that you want to
display (when present) on the page, followed by sufficient space to separate
the entries. DO NOT add a NEXT field! Then merge your data source.

You may need to conditionally insert some of the fields so as not to leave
blank spaces eg

{Mergefield FirstName}{Mergefield LastName}
{Mergefield Address1}{IF{ Mergefield Address2} "" "
{Mergefield Address2}"}{IF{ Mergefield Address3} "" "
{Mergefield Address2}"}etc

http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm or
http://www.gmayor.com/merge_labels_with_word_2007.htm

JDR wrote:
Is there a way to create an address book list from contacts using
MailMerge that will create variable height results. I know I can
pick a label size but all the addresses will be the same height
whether all the lines exist or not.

One page might have 10 names and addresses where another might have
15.
I.e. The two examples should be different heights and take more or
less space on a page based on the number of rows available.

John Doe
123 1st Ave
New York, NY 99999

Jane Doe
ABC 2nd Street
Memphis, TN 12123
901-555-1212
512-230-1234

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Joanne Orzech Joanne Orzech is offline

Default Address List - JDR

You should use a Catalog (or Directory) mailmerge as the document type to accomplish this.

Just search the Help menu for further details.

Posted as a reply to:

Address List
19-Sep-09

Is there a way to create an address book list from contacts using MailMerge
that will create variable height results. I know I can pick a label size
but all the addresses will be the same height whether all the lines exist or
not.

One page might have 10 names and addresses where another might have 15.

I.e. The two examples should be different heights and take more or less
space on a page based on the number of rows available.

John Doe
123 1st Ave
New York, NY 99999

Jane Doe
ABC 2nd Street
Memphis, TN 12123
901-555-1212
512-230-1234

Thanks

WPF And The Model View View Model Pattern
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...l-view-vi.aspx