Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Newsletter_Jim Newsletter_Jim is offline

Default change the color of the gradient shading in an MS Template

How do I change the color of the gradient shading in a downloaded Word
template? I can change the color but then it's a solid color instead of a
gradient fill. The template is the "Company Newsletter" and the location is
at the top of each page.

The shaded area is not a text box. How is this space formatted?

Jim
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

I'm not familiar with that template, but the graphic is probably one of two
things. If an AutoShape you should be able to select it & use the Fill Color
button on the Drawing Toolbar (among other optons) to get to Fill Effects &
pick the gradient in a variety of different ways.

OTOH, it actually may be an image, in which case Word isn't going to be able
to make the type of changes you're asking for. You'd be best off deleting
the graphic & replacing it with your own rectangular AutoShape formatted as
above.
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"Newsletter_Jim" wrote in message
How do I change the color of the gradient shading in a downloaded Word
template? I can change the color but then it's a solid color instead of a
gradient fill. The template is the "Company Newsletter" and the location
is
at the top of each page.

The shaded area is not a text box. How is this space formatted?

Jim

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Newsletter_Jim Newsletter_Jim is offline

I tried both methods with no success. However, your reply prompted me to
experiment by inserting a table. My inserted table has the same characters
that the template has when I activate the Show/Hide formatting. It's the
"CURRENCY SIGN" as shown in the ASCII symbols in the "Insert/Symbol" menu.
I'll have to experiment further.

Thanks for your help