Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jeff55 Jeff55 is offline

Default Centering Text Icon Gone

I no longer have the icon to center text on a page and I can't find that
option anywhere. For example I center my signature at the bottom of a letter
which was formerly simple to do and now impossible. I must be missing
something.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can still use Ctrl+E to center text (and I find this much easier), but
you can easily restore the button if you want it. First of all, make sure
that it hasn't just migrated to the nonvisible portion of your toolbar. If
you have your Standard and Formatting toolbars displayed on a single row,
then the buttons that have been less frequently used are not displayed until
you click on the arrows or chevrons at the end of the toolbar. If you go to
Tools | Customize | Options and check the box for "Show Standard and
Formatting toolbars on two rows" (or, in earlier versions, clear the box for
"Standard and Formatting toolbars share one row"), you'll see all the
buttons.

If the button is really and truly gone, then open Tools | Customize, select
the Commands tab, select the Format category, scroll down to Center in the
Commands list, select it, and drag it to the toolbar.

"Jeff55" wrote in message
I no longer have the icon to center text on a page and I can't find that
option anywhere. For example I center my signature at the bottom of a

letter
which was formerly simple to do and now impossible. I must be missing
something.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Janette Janette is offline

I'm certainly not an expert, but if your signature was made from a style, try
modifying your stlye - Format/Styles and Formatting. Find the Signature
style and click the little down arrow next to Signature and click on Modify.
You will see the option for centering.
--
Janette

"Jeff55" wrote:

I no longer have the icon to center text on a page and I can't find that
option anywhere. For example I center my signature at the bottom of a letter
which was formerly simple to do and now impossible. I must be missing
something.

centering text in Word Peter Harrison Microsoft Word Help 3 January 9th 07 01:11 PM
centering selected text Edmund Microsoft Word Help 1 April 15th 06 11:27 PM
Centering Text BJG Page Layout 1 September 6th 05 12:06 AM
Text centering [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 1 May 18th 05 07:31 PM
centering text Bill New Users 2 April 10th 05 04:40 AM