Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
tcebob tcebob is offline

Default Linking graphic objects

Word 2003
I put together some mailing labels with a company logo, including overlapping text boxes.
In all, about seven different objects. Is there a way of making the whole thing a single
unit, to prevent accidental misalignment?

rs

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If this hangs together in normal use, I will be amazed. Word is a poor
application for combining tables (labels) with graphics
http://www.gmayor.com/graphics_on_labels.htm . Your best bet for such
complexity is to use Publisher to create your labels.

tcebob wrote:
Word 2003
I put together some mailing labels with a company logo, including
overlapping text boxes. In all, about seven different objects. Is
there a way of making the whole thing a single unit, to prevent
accidental misalignment?

rs

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
macropod macropod is offline

Hi tcebob,

If you select all of the objects, you can group them together via the drawing toolbar. That way, they can only be moved as a group
(unless you ungroup them first).

Cheers
--
macropod