Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Steve Geard Steve Geard is offline

Default Mail merge recipients - edit button?

When I click on "Mail Merge Recipients" in Word 2003, to display a list of my
mail merge recipients, the "Edit" button is greyed out and cannot be clicked.
How do I activate the "Edit" button, or is there another way of changing the
details in mail merge recipients list (e.g. change someone's address).

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

From the Tools menu, select Customize and then go to the Commands tab and
select the All Commands category and then scroll down through the list of
commands until you come to the Mail Merge Helper item. Click on it and drag
it onto a toolbar. Using that, you should be able to edit the data source.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Steve Geard" wrote in message
When I click on "Mail Merge Recipients" in Word 2003, to display a list of
my
mail merge recipients, the "Edit" button is greyed out and cannot be
clicked.
How do I activate the "Edit" button, or is there another way of changing
the
details in mail merge recipients list (e.g. change someone's address).

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Steve Geard Steve Geard is offline

Thanks Doug, but I am not quite sure what you mean by Mail Merge Helper item.
On the Commands tab there are two lists Categories and Commands, neither
displays an item named "Mail Merge Helper." Categories does have "Mail
Merge", if I click on that I get a new list in Commands, but still no "Mail
Merge Helper" item.

Steve Geard.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

From the Tools menu, select Customize and then go to the Commands tab and
select the All Commands category and then scroll down through the list of
commands until you come to the Mail Merge Helper item. Click on it and drag
it onto a toolbar. Using that, you should be able to edit the data source.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Steve Geard" wrote in message
When I click on "Mail Merge Recipients" in Word 2003, to display a list of
my
mail merge recipients, the "Edit" button is greyed out and cannot be
clicked.
How do I activate the "Edit" button, or is there another way of changing
the
details in mail merge recipients list (e.g. change someone's address).

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

See http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm where this is
explained.

Steve Geard wrote:
Thanks Doug, but I am not quite sure what you mean by Mail Merge
Helper item. On the Commands tab there are two lists Categories and
Commands, neither displays an item named "Mail Merge Helper."
Categories does have "Mail Merge", if I click on that I get a new
list in Commands, but still no "Mail Merge Helper" item.

Steve Geard.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

From the Tools menu, select Customize and then go to the Commands
tab and select the All Commands category and then scroll down