Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mountain mountain is offline

Default Copying from Word to GMAIL doubles lines between paragraphs?

Each time I copy a Word document into the body of gmail, it adds an extra
line where ever I have initiated a new paragraph, or just tabed down as in
Thankyou,
Tom---------- If I copied this, there would be a blank line above and below
"Thankyou. (and two lines below this line).

This is very frustrating. When I want no blank lines, I get one, when I
want one, I get two.
Please help
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You may want to ask in a newsgroup dealing with your email application
(assuming there is one).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"mountain" wrote:

Each time I copy a Word document into the body of gmail, it adds an extra
line where ever I have initiated a new paragraph, or just tabed down as in
Thankyou,
Tom---------- If I copied this, there would be a blank line above and below
"Thankyou. (and two lines below this line).

This is very frustrating. When I want no blank lines, I get one, when I
want one, I get two.
Please help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

When you paste into email, your soft line breaks are converted to manual
line breaks (and lines may be rewrapped if you are using a plain-text format
with a set line length), and paragraph breaks are interpreted as two line
breaks. It is conventional to insert an extra line between paragraphs in
plain (and unindented) text. If you use Space Before/After (instead of an
extra, empty paragraph) to create extra space between paragraphs in your
Word document, this problem will be resolved.