Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Heather Heather is offline

Default how to show roman numerals in a table of contents

Hello! I've created a document that has headers with roman numerals in them
for each section of the document; each section starts at page #1. I
formatted the header with Styles, creating my own called TOC level 1. Then,
I have paragraph titles in the document that I formatted with Styles and
called it Paragraph header. I'm trying to create a TOC, which I can do but
it's not exactly how I'd like it.

My goal is to have the TOC display as follows.

I. Welcome 1
Employee Handbook 2
II. Operating 1
Standard of Conduct 2

Can this be achieved? If I need to change my formatting, please advise.
Thanks for any help you can give me!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

(Headings, not Headers)

Are your headings numbered using List Numbering in a style? If so, the
numbers should transfer automatically (and you don't need to create
your own ToC styles, Word will do that and then you can Modify them as
you wish).

On Apr 23, 12:31*pm, Heather
wrote:
Hello! *I've created a document that has headers with roman numerals in them
for each section of the document; each section starts at page #1. *I
formatted the header with Styles, creating my own called TOC level 1. *Then,
I have paragraph titles in the document that I formatted with Styles and
called it Paragraph header. *I'm trying to create a TOC, which I can do but
it's not exactly how I'd like it. *

My goal is to have the TOC display as follows.

I. *Welcome * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *1
* * * *Employee Handbook * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *2
* * * *Standard of Conduct * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *2

Can this be achieved? *If I need to change my formatting, please advise.. *
Thanks for any help you can give me!

Need roman numerals to be lower case in a table of contents DD Hint Microsoft Word Help 8 May 13th 23 08:49 PM
rOMAN nUMERALS HH Microsoft Word Help 2 November 13th 06 05:28 AM
roman numerals meady Microsoft Word Help 4 March 28th 06 11:38 PM
Roman numerals Jeanne Microsoft Word Help 3 May 1st 05 04:56 PM
roman numerals barkercons Microsoft Word Help 2 November 29th 04 04:12 PM