Randy

Default workgroup templates

Hello, we have upgraded Word 2003 (only - this is temporary) on workstations
running with Office 97. This works fine, except even after specifying a
network path for Workgroup Templates in TOOLS - OPTIONS - FILE LOCATIONS,
then we click FILE - NEW we do not get a General Templates dialog box from
which to select a Workgroup template, instead a Templates bar appears along
the right side of the Word window but does not list the workgroup templates.
We copied NORMAL.DOT to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11, thinking
Word 2003 would read it there and then locate those Workgroup templates, but
that didn't work. Any ideas on how to configure it properly so we do see
those Workgroup templates? Thanks.
Shauna Kelly

Hi Randy

Word 2003 interposes the new Task Pane between the File New command and
the old File New dialog box.

On the Task Pane, click "On my computer". You should now see the Workgroup
templates in the old File New dialog box you're familiar with.

As you use templates, they will appear in the Task Pane in the "Recently
used templates" list.

If you want to revert to the old File New functionality, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/C...ngWord2002.htm.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word