Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Phyllis Phyllis is offline

Default Index - how create range of pages

When creating an index, how do you do page ranges? Such as Pollution is the
main entry and Air is the subentry and the pages 12 - 15 deal only with air
pollution. So how do you do that? I can do the main entry and can do the
subentry, but to indicate a range of pages has left me stumped. I've followed
the instructions to the letter through the HELP for Word, have tried using
Word 2000 for Windows for Dummies and have met a dead end. Any suggestions.
I am using Word 2003 on Windows 2000.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Phyllis Phyllis is offline

OK, I did that, updated the index again and the page ranges didn't show in
the newly created index. What am I missing? I need more clarification,
sorry.
Phyllis
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You have to bookmark the range (select the pages and insert a bookmark),
then enter that bookmark in the Mark Index Entry dialog.

"Phyllis" wrote in message
news
When creating an index, how do you do page ranges? Such as Pollution is

the
main entry and Air is the subentry and the pages 12 - 15 deal only with

air
pollution. So how do you do that? I can do the main entry and can do the
subentry, but to indicate a range of pages has left me stumped. I've

followed
the instructions to the letter through the HELP for Word, have tried using
Word 2000 for Windows for Dummies and have met a dead end. Any

suggestions.
I am using Word 2003 on Windows 2000.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Did you select the radio button for "Page range" and then type in the
bookmark name?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You have to bookmark the range (select the pages and insert a bookmark),
then enter that bookmark in the Mark Index Entry dialog.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Phyllis" wrote in message
news
When creating an index, how do you do page ranges? Such as Pollution

is
the
main entry and Air is the subentry and the pages 12 - 15 deal only

with
air
pollution. So how do you do that? I can do the main entry and can do

the
subentry, but to indicate a range of pages has left me stumped. I've

followed
the instructions to the letter through the HELP for Word, have tried

using
Word 2000 for Windows for Dummies and have met a dead end. Any

suggestions.
I am using Word 2003 on Windows 2000.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Phyllis Phyllis is offline

Yes, I did that. I assume that the radio button is the small circle in front
of the words "Page range." Phyllis Brown

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You have to bookmark the range (select the pages and insert a bookmark),
then enter that bookmark in the Mark Index Entry dialog.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Phyllis" wrote in message
news When creating an index, how do you do page ranges? Such as Pollution

is
the
main entry and Air is the subentry and the pages 12 - 15 deal only

with
air
pollution. So how do you do that? I can do the main entry and can do

the
subentry, but to indicate a range of pages has left me stumped. I've
followed
the instructions to the letter through the HELP for Word, have tried

using
Word 2000 for Windows for Dummies and have met a dead end. Any
suggestions.
I am using Word 2003 on Windows 2000.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The index should then be showing the page range you bookmarked. Have you
updated the index since changing the index entry?

"Phyllis" wrote in message
news When creating an index, how do you do page ranges? Such as

Pollution
is
the
main entry and Air is the subentry and the pages 12 - 15 deal only

with
air
pollution. So how do you do that? I can do the main entry and can

do
the
subentry, but to indicate a range of pages has left me stumped.

I've
followed
the instructions to the letter through the HELP for Word, have

tried
using
Word 2000 for Windows for Dummies and have met a dead end. Any
suggestions.
I am using Word 2003 on Windows 2000.

Create see and see also references in an index? Duchesse Microsoft Word Help 2 April 1st 08 09:34 PM
I want to create a book with a link?/tab? index Dumber than a pocket full of rocks Microsoft Word Help 2 April 21st 07 04:10 AM
how do you create subentry in an index? Alejita Microsoft Word Help 1 November 8th 05 08:22 PM
Create Index Rob Microsoft Word Help 1 December 1st 04 11:43 PM
how to create an index of alphabetical names? lumi Microsoft Word Help 1 November 25th 04 07:40 PM