Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tara.aukerman tara.aukerman is offline

Default Ribbon missing in Word 2007 Beta

Have a sticking Shift key, but don't know if that caused this problem. I can
no longer see the ribbon in Word. The document is there and I can interact
with it, and there's a button just above the right scrollbar that allows me
to toggle rulers on and off. Just above that, there's a line icon that
allows me to view the document in split screen. How do I return to the
original print view?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tara.aukerman tara.aukerman is offline

Yes, I did. It didn't do anything - I suppose this is some kind of
specialized view. What *did* bring back the ribbon was pressing the Escape
key (which should have been the first thing I did). Pressing Esc restored
the window from a maximized view and returned the display to normal Print
Layout view. I'd be interested to know what view I stumbled upon...

Thanks for the help!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Have you tried pressing Ctrl+F1 to display the Ribbon?

"tara.aukerman" wrote in message
Have a sticking Shift key, but don't know if that caused this problem. I

can
no longer see the ribbon in Word. The document is there and I can

interact
with it, and there's a button just above the right scrollbar that allows

me
to toggle rulers on and off. Just above that, there's a line icon that
allows me to view the document in split screen. How do I return to the
original print view?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

This could be the traditional Full Screen view (which one has always been
able to exit by pressing ESC).

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Have you tried pressing Ctrl+F1 to display the Ribbon?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"tara.aukerman" wrote in

message
Have a sticking Shift key, but don't know if that caused this problem.

can
no longer see the ribbon in Word. The document is there and I can

interact
with it, and there's a button just above the right scrollbar that

allows
me
to toggle rulers on and off. Just above that, there's a line icon

that
allows me to view the document in split screen. How do I return to

the
original print view?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tara.aukerman tara.aukerman is offline

Could be - but isn't that the view accessed by pressing F11? This is not...

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

This could be the traditional Full Screen view (which one has always been
able to exit by pressing ESC).

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I have no idea how it is accessed in Word 2007, but F11 in Word is assigned
to "Go to next field," so if you had it assigned to View | Full Screen, it
was a customization.