Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
ANNIEhatesVISTA ANNIEhatesVISTA is offline

Default 1000 separator not showing upon merge

HELP! I have inserted a mergefield in a word document that merges with an
Excel sheet. The row in Excel is formatted as a number with a 1000 separator,
but when I merge the document the separator doesn't show. Instead of 100,000
I get 100000. How can I fix this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

See Graham Mayor's page at http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"ANNIEhatesVISTA" wrote in
message ...
HELP! I have inserted a mergefield in a word document that merges with an
Excel sheet. The row in Excel is formatted as a number with a 1000
separator,
but when I merge the document the separator doesn't show. Instead of
100,000
I get 100000. How can I fix this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

See "Formatting Word fields with switches" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website at

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"ANNIEhatesVISTA" wrote in
message ...
HELP! I have inserted a mergefield in a word document that merges with an
Excel sheet. The row in Excel is formatted as a number with a 1000
separator,
but when I merge the document the separator doesn't show. Instead of
100,000
I get 100000. How can I fix this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
ANNIEhatesVISTA ANNIEhatesVISTA is offline

I had a copy of that document, but it told me to use "{}" brackets. The help
menu from 2007 Word (Vista) told me to use "()" brackets. I was only able to
get it to work using "[]" brackets. Hope this can help someone else as it
took me hours to figure it out on my own.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

See "Formatting Word fields with switches" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website at

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"ANNIEhatesVISTA" wrote in
message ...
HELP! I have inserted a mergefield in a word document that merges with an
Excel sheet. The row in Excel is formatted as a number with a 1000
separator,
but when I merge the document the separator doesn't show. Instead of
100,000
I get 100000. How can I fix this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

What language version of Word are you using? English versions of Worduse
curly brackets as field boundaries {}. In any case you don't have to enter
the brackets, you should already have them. Toggle the field display with
Alt+F9 and add the switch between the existing brackets.