Deedle

Default line spacing keeps applying to whole document

Word 2000 user, now in Word 2003 when I try to apply the 1.5 or higher line
spacing buttons it changes the entire document! Doesn't matter what I select
or hilight it just spaces the entire document. In Word 2000, just placing
your cursor at the end of the line before clicking puts the spacing between
just those two lines!What to do?
Herb Tyson [MVP]

Check the formatting for the style that's used where you're applying the
spacing. It sounds like it's set to Automatically Upate. For example, if the
whole document is formatted as Normal, and if Automatically Update is turned
on for Normal... then any change to a paragraph formatted as Normal will
automatically become part of the style's underlying definition, and will
affect all other Normal-formatted paragraphs.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com