phaidon

Default how do I choose where to save the backup copies of word files

I want the backup copies of my documents to be saved but automatically in a
folder that a specify.
Jenny

On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the File Locations tab.
In the File types box, click AutoRecover files.
Click Modify. If you want to store automatically recovered files in a
different folder, locate and open the folder.

"phaidon" wrote:

I want the backup copies of my documents to be saved but automatically in a
folder that a specify.

garfield-n-odie

If you're talking about the backup copies that Word creates when you enable
the "Always create backup copies" option in Tools | Options | Save, then you
cannot change the folder where the backup copies are located. Word always
saves the backup copy to the same folder as the original document.

"phaidon" wrote:

I want the backup copies of my documents to be saved but automatically in a
folder that a specify.

Graham Mayor

Autorecover files are not backups in any sense of the word. They are merely
a means to recover parts of the document in the event of a crash. Backup
files created by Word are always saved in the same folder as the document.
You could of course mess around with this using vba - see
http://www.gmayor.com/automatically_backup.htm