Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pat Pat is offline

Default Create vertical slash mark

I need to do a global find and replace on a document using a vertical slash
replace function; however I cannot figure out how to re-create the vertical
slash mark character. Here is a line from the text so you can see what I am
talking about.

1850...|...A A Sabin...|...Auburn Ward
2...|...Cayuga...|...NY...|...abt1807...|...NY

Is it a particular keystroke combination? I'm feeling really frustrated
that I can't figure this one out.

Thanx for any help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

It is the shift backslash character '|'. Search for ^124 with the replace
function.

Pat wrote:
I need to do a global find and replace on a document using a vertical
slash mark as the object to find and then replace. I know how to do
the find and replace function; however I cannot figure out how to