Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
messpress messpress is offline

Default accepting tracked changes one by one using keyboard equivalents

As a book editor in educational publishing, I used to accept/reject changes
by going into 'Accept or Reject changes' and then being able to use the
equivalent keyboard command ('e' to accept, 'f' to find next) and this was a
great way to work faster (using both hands) and also give my right hand (on
the mouse) a break from clicking. Has this feature really disappeared in Word
2007? If so, this would greatly slow down my ability to accept/reject the
many changes in very long, heavily edited documents. Very sad and regretting
my $$ upgrade...
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Trevor[_2_] Trevor[_2_] is offline

Just set up your own keyboard shortcuts. (Tools/Customize/Commands/Keyboard/All Commands: Accept . . .; Next . . .; Previous . . .;
Reject . . .) I use Ctrl + the following numbers from the number keypad (because I find the arrows make them intuitive), but you
could use anything not already reserved:

Ctrl+6 - find next change
Ctrl+4 - find previous change
Ctrl+8 - accept change
Ctrl+2 - reject change

"messpress" wrote in message ...
As a book editor in educational publishing, I used to accept/reject changes
by going into 'Accept or Reject changes' and then being able to use the
equivalent keyboard command ('e' to accept, 'f' to find next) and this was a
great way to work faster (using both hands) and also give my right hand (on
the mouse) a break from clicking. Has this feature really disappeared in Word
2007? If so, this would greatly slow down my ability to accept/reject the
many changes in very long, heavily edited documents. Very sad and regretting
my $$ upgrade...

Not accepting tracked changes Cecilia Chambers New Users 4 June 15th 07 08:33 PM
equivalents to dd dt in HTML? Ben K. Bullock New Users 3 February 20th 06 03:40 PM
Word 2000 Accepting tracked changes MarkN Microsoft Word Help 2 January 9th 06 05:52 AM
Accepting Changes Michael New Users 2 December 22nd 05 05:19 PM
Tracked changes history purged with accepting, saving, closing doc Mr. Kotter Microsoft Word Help 0 September 7th 05 01:19 AM