Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
MSLOST MSLOST is offline

Default Does anyone else think Word 2007 sucks as much as I do?

I can't find anything! The dashboard is in the backseat and the ignition is
on the hubcap. Most importantly WHERE IS HELP!!!!!!!!! We didn't get any
manuals and I can't accomplish the most simple tasks. Before all I had to do
was hit the help button and ask a question. Eventually I could figure it out.
Is it gone completely? Hidden? HELP!!!!!

I can't wait to try Excel.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tom [Pepper] Willett[_2_] Tom [Pepper] Willett[_2_] is offline

It sucks as much as you do?

"MSLOST" wrote in message
:I can't find anything! The dashboard is in the backseat and the ignition is
: on the hubcap. Most importantly WHERE IS HELP!!!!!!!!! We didn't get any
: manuals and I can't accomplish the most simple tasks. Before all I had to
do
: was hit the help button and ask a question. Eventually I could figure it
out.
: Is it gone completely? Hidden? HELP!!!!!
:
: I can't wait to try Excel.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tom Ferguson[_3_] Tom Ferguson[_3_] is offline

Perhaps you will be less unhappy with Word 2007 after you have become used
to the changes. I even quite like some of them. However, I still have not
found replacements for a couple of facilities I used quite a lot.

Up on the far right top of the screen, you will see a small, little-bitty
question mark. Click on that to access the help system.

Re trying Excel, sarcasm detected and frustration noted.

You might want to try to avoid ambiguities such as your subject for this
message exemplifies. ;-)

Tom
MSMVP 1998-2007

"MSLOST" wrote in message
I can't find anything! The dashboard is in the backseat and the ignition is
on the hubcap. Most importantly WHERE IS HELP!!!!!!!!! We didn't get any
manuals and I can't accomplish the most simple tasks. Before all I had to
do
was hit the help button and ask a question. Eventually I could figure it
out.
Is it gone completely? Hidden? HELP!!!!!

I can't wait to try Excel.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Dawn Crosier, Word MVP Dawn Crosier, Word MVP is offline

To Help you with your transition - Microsoft did provide some Online
reference tools. The one I like the most is where you see a screen with
Word 2003 toolbars and menus, you click the appropriate menu and select
the appropriate submenu and the screen changes to Word 2007 and shows
you where that command is located...

For Word:
http://office.microsoft.com/assistan...HA100744321033

For Excel:
http://office.microsoft.com/assistan...HA101491511033

Hope that helps you get through your learning curve a little easier.

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

"MSLOST" wrote in message
:

I can't find anything! The dashboard is in the backseat and the ignition is
on the hubcap. Most importantly WHERE IS HELP!!!!!!!!! We didn't get any
manuals and I can't accomplish the most simple tasks. Before all I had to do
was hit the help button and ask a question. Eventually I could figure it out.
Is it gone completely? Hidden? HELP!!!!!

I can't wait to try Excel.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
12/17/2007 2:13 PM

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Help is always just an F1 away.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"MSLOST" wrote in message
I can't find anything! The dashboard is in the backseat and the ignition is
on the hubcap. Most importantly WHERE IS HELP!!!!!!!!! We didn't get any
manuals and I can't accomplish the most simple tasks. Before all I had to
do
was hit the help button and ask a question. Eventually I could figure it
out.
Is it gone completely? Hidden? HELP!!!!!

I can't wait to try Excel.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

"JoAnn Paules" wrote in message
Help is always just an F1 away.

Gee, I guess some things "never" change, huh?;-)

--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell[_2_] Terry Farrell[_2_] is offline

You're suffering from cultural-shock syndrome. We've all been the some of
us were stuck there for a very long time. But there is light at the end of
the tunnel.

Scream. Take a deep breath and then try some of the old shortcuts from your
previous version. ALt+F and F1 will be most useful.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"MSLOST" wrote in message
I can't find anything! The dashboard is in the backseat and the ignition is
on the hubcap. Most importantly WHERE IS HELP!!!!!!!!! We didn't get any
manuals and I can't accomplish the most simple tasks. Before all I had to
do
was hit the help button and ask a question. Eventually I could figure it
out.
Is it gone completely? Hidden? HELP!!!!!

I can't wait to try Excel.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

I wish I used hot keys more than I do. I'm still dabbling with 2007 and am
not as fast as I'd like. Fortunately it's on my home computer and not at
work.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

"CyberTaz" typegeneraltaz1ATcomcastdotnet wrote in message
"JoAnn Paules" wrote in message
Help is always just an F1 away.

Gee, I guess some things "never" change, huh?;-)

--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Klaus Linke Klaus Linke is offline

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:
Help is always just an F1 away.

Context sensitive help used to be just an F1 away... in the good old times.
Today, F1 helps those that already know what to search for, nobody else.

:-( Klaus

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
SonicDave SonicDave is offline

It is truely a shame that the MS company has forgotten the main, singular,
numero uno rule of productivity. That which you know, is to be built upon.

This is a major rewrite, when none of us really needs a major rewrite. Word
is already the worst offender in the bloated software category. Now it is
utterly ruined by someones idea of a better mousetrap.

Ever go to a hardware store to actually buy a mousetrap? "Better" mousetraps
are outsold like 20 to 1 by the ole standby.

What is the true cost to american business in relearning crap that should be
already learned? ie Word and the operating system. If someone can show me one
reason for a trillion dollar relearning curve, I'll change my tune.

But they can't. The problem is not that Word Seven sucks. It doesnt. But you
gotta invest WAAAAYYY to much in it just to type a stupid letter and put in
some header info. And BTW, you better start it from 2007 scratch, since the
format is different too. Gaud, this is an anti american plot.

"MSLOST" wrote:

I can't find anything! The dashboard is in the backseat and the ignition is
on the hubcap. Most importantly WHERE IS HELP!!!!!!!!! We didn't get any
manuals and I can't accomplish the most simple tasks. Before all I had to do
was hit the help button and ask a question. Eventually I could figure it out.
Is it gone completely? Hidden? HELP!!!!!

I can't wait to try Excel.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell[_2_] Terry Farrell[_2_] is offline

Help? There's a MINISCULE question mark in the top right corner just under
the Close X. I can't believe that you missed it. g

Terry

"SonicDave" wrote in message

"MSLOST" wrote:

I can't find anything! The dashboard is in the backseat and the ignition
is
on the hubcap. Most importantly WHERE IS HELP!!!!!!!!! We didn't get any
manuals and I can't accomplish the most simple tasks. Before all I had to
do
was hit the help button and ask a question. Eventually I could figure it
out.
Is it gone completely? Hidden? HELP!!!!!

I can't wait to try Excel.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
John Hanley John Hanley is offline

Once I got the hang of it, I like my Word 2007. Here are a couple of
learning tools for Word 2007 that helped me:

http://office.microsoft.com/training...RC100664431033

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/tr...654561033.aspx

http://office.microsoft.com/training...RP100664381033

http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/msoffice/?p=146

"SonicDave" wrote in message

"MSLOST" wrote:

I can't find anything! The dashboard is in the backseat and the ignition
is
on the hubcap. Most importantly WHERE IS HELP!!!!!!!!! We didn't get any
manuals and I can't accomplish the most simple tasks. Before all I had to
do
was hit the help button and ask a question. Eventually I could figure it
out.
Is it gone completely? Hidden? HELP!!!!!

I can't wait to try Excel.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Nomad20th Nomad20th is offline

I have solved my Word 2007 learning curve problem.
The circular file is a wonderful thing.
I have reinstalled 2003 all is right with the world.
I use Word to be productive not to prove I can solve the latest software
puzzel.
Change just to change is never a good idea.
With trash like Vista and Office 2007 maybe Mac can finally take over market
share from PC.