rkemp rkemp is offline
Junior Member

Default Skip to next (or next but one) merge field if blank

Hello,
I am trying to mail merge a broadsheet of results data into a chart on a word document.
Not each recipient will have data relating to every subject, so if they have no data for 'subject 1 title' and 'subject 1 grade', I would want the next field to be considered ('subject 2 title' and 'subject 2 grade'), and also skipped if similarly blank.

What I mean is, I don't want gaps in each chart if a recipient doesn't have data.

I have seen a number of similar issues, where blanks are skipped, but not where they are replaced by the next significant piece of data.

I hope this makes sense.

How do I skip blank fields in mail merge Julia Mailmerge 4 April 21st 23 12:06 PM
Skip Field if blank URWA Mailmerge 1 March 25th 09 10:30 PM
More 'How skip blank field' issues... awadmin Mailmerge 3 December 21st 06 10:47 AM
How skip blank field Cowtoon Mailmerge 4 December 18th 06 06:51 PM
How to skip a field in a directory mail merge if it's blank Marisa Mailmerge 1 June 1st 06 04:51 PM