Bobbie BZ

Default preview of merged documents doesn't show

In Office 2003, I am printing a merged document of 365 records. I go through
the wizard and click preview your letters and the screen doesn't change. My
main document with the field names is still on the screen. The only way I
can preview the merged documents is to click on print preview which only
shows me one at a time. I have to close that preview, scroll to document #2,
click print preview, close, scroll to doc #3, click print preview, close, and
on and on. I sure liked the way Office 2000 handled form letters much
better. Don't know why a good thing had to change so drastically. And
trying to use help to find answers is a nightmare. I find answers easier
through these posts.
Doug Robbins

You can get back the interface that you used in Word 2000 by selecting
Customize from the Tools menu and then going to the All Commands category
and scrolling down the list until you find the Mail Merge Helper item.
Click and drag it onto a menu or the toolbar.

Alternatively, turn on the Mail Merge toolbar by selecting Toolbars from the
View menu and checking the item of that name. That toolbar gives you
buttons for all of the things that you need to do with mail merge.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP